Tips on choosing a storage facility
- The facility has controlled access or is in a safe location.
- You can access your storage unit 24 hours a day..
- The units are clean and well-maintained
- The campus and facility are clean and well managed.
- The contract is readable
- The staff is available.
- Make an inventory and estimate the value
- Consider insuring the contents of your unit
- Invest in good quality sturdy boxes and packing materials.
- Box everything that you can & fill boxes to capacity
- Label all boxes clearly on multiple sides.
- Don’t store wet items.
- Pack TVs and computers in original boxes if possible.
- Seal your boxes.
- Put down pallets to raise your items off the ground.
- In large units, try to create an aisle and leave enough room to be able to get round the back.
- Put heavy boxes on the bottom.
- Stack boxes safely and neatly.
- Makes sure you can see your labels.